Thursday, February 7, 2008

Downtime

There was an inspection at the orphanage today, so we and the other couple in the process of adopting were requested not to visit this morning. Hmm...trying to maintain order in the place, I guess. That meant we had even more time on our hands today. We did some shopping for things the boys will need for the trip home, did some laundry in the bathtub, then had a good visit with them this afternoon. After hanging out with Matthew alone for a while, we went to collect Thomas and were told that he was at music class. Matthew showed us the way there, and the three of us watched the kids singing and playing games, as one of the teachers accompanied on the piano. Matthew was invited to join the action and we learned he's quite a dancer. All in all, a great visit.

Today actually marked the end of the 10-day waiting period. Tomorrow, we meet up with Marina bright and early and head off to Krasyliv (again!) to obtain the boys' birth certificates. We've been advised to bring snacks and water. You never know how long some of these road trips might take!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris and Ellen - Hmmm - sounds like you're in need of some nice home cooked meals when you return. Bloggers and posters - start your ovens!!! Good luck on Friday :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Ellen, I just returned from a business trip to get the message from Jeff (well, I received part of the message while away). What wonderful news!! We are very excited for you and I can't wait to read your entire blog. I will be in touch later.

Diane McGrath

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you are getting your news from but the censors must be playing with the "amerikanskas" - "The Giants won the Super Bowl?" Your beef jerky must be tainted. Do the boys understand that they will have to be Giants fans and they still want to come to the US? I guess they can tell their kids that "the last time the Giants won the Super Bowl, grandma and grandma were in the Ukraine adopting us!", because it ain't happening again in our lifetime.

Ellen, buy the fur...help the Ukrainian economy.

Anonymous said...

Ellen and Chris: Sounds like you are on the home stretch. Hang in there it is so worth it in the end. This is my first blog so I hope it reaches you. The Fabulous Flirtinis will be here on Wednesday and I will share your blogs and pictures with those who were unable to access them. Our prayers and best wishes are with you and cannot wait to see all of you soon Patty Gorss

Anonymous said...

Ellen and Chris: Sounds like you are on the home stretch. Hang in there it is so worth it in the end. This is my first blog so I hope it reaches you. The Fabulous Flirtinis will be here on Wednesday and I will share your blogs and pictures with those who were unable to access them. Our prayers and best wishes are with you and cannot wait to see all of you soon Patty Gorss

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your grasp of the Slavic language. I am still upset about the superbowl but I am counting the days until the Redsox start their path on becoming back to back champions. I hope the best for the four of you. See you soon. -Beeler